Saturday, August 30, 2008

Labor Day Weekend

Well, by the time this is published we will be on the road. I am surprising Lisa with a trip to Hood River, OR. I got us a room at a B&B in Mosier, OR, which is about 5 minutes away. I plan on us leaving here about 11AM on Saturday and getting our stuff in our room by noon. After that we are going on the Hood River Fruit Loop and will hopefully bring some fruit back in the form of apples and pears. Supposedly there are many varieties of apples that they'll have for picking so that will be fun and interesting. There are also Alpaca farms that I'd like to see. Tomorrow night we'll be dining at a place called Celilo's Restaurant, which got great reviews on Tripadvisor. We're going to get up Sunday morning and go to some of the vineyards in the area. There are many (50+) within a very short distance so that will definitely be fun. Sunday night I've made reservations at Brian's Pourhouse. I figure we'll just meander back on Monday at our own pace and maybe check out some of the waterfalls in the area.

On a side note, our dog Finn busted his leg open pretty good today so we may get a late start tomorrow. I went to the vet for advice and they said to just watch it and if we wanted to bring him in early tomorrow that would be fine. I'm hoping that over the course of the night the wound will heal.

Last night we went to the Last Thursday celebration in the Alberta district. We had a blast and I believe you can see the photos here.

I hope everyone reading this has a great labor day weekend!

No comments: